Clark School Home UMD

Undergraduate Courses

Electrical & Computer Engineering Courses

The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers a variety of courses at the 100, 200, 300, and 400 levels.  Students in the ECE majors are required to pass ENEE and any major courses with a minimum grade of a "C-". In this website you can find information on course description for current courses, as well as information on previously offered courses.  For information on course schedule for the current semesters, please be sure to visit the Schedule of Classes on Testudo.

Current ECE students are encouraged to visit the regularly offered ENEE electives page for updated information on 400-level elective courses.  Any ECE students looking for graduate ECE courses, please visit the Graduate Studies Courses Website.

2nd Lab or Capstone Requests

ECE students are only allowed to register for their first Lab or Capstone course during the registration period. Any current ECE student interested in taking a second Capstone or Advance Lab course, must submit request online using the 2nd Capstone/Lab Form to the ECE Undergraduate Studies Office. Permission for the 2nd lab or capstone will be granted on the first day of classes of the semester when the 2nd lab/capstone course is held.

Course Forms for Non-Majors

Students who are not undergraduate EE or CP majors who wish to request permission for undergraduate ENEE courses should fill out their respective request forms:

Undergraduate students students outside of ECE can submit the request using the following form: Undergraduate Student Request Form.  Please note the following guidelines:

  • Undergraduate students who want to take ENEE courses before they apply to either of our undergraduate majors, must have a UMD GPA of a 3.0 
  • All students must meet prerequisite requirements for the courses they are requesting.
  • The ECE Department will grant permission for no more than two courses.
  • Non-ECE students cannot register in ENEE408 capstone courses.
  • The The ECE Department reserves the right of not granting permission stamps for courses which are closed by the beginning of the semester.


Graduate students interested in taking ENEE undergraduate courses must fill out the following form: Graduate Student Request Form. Please note the following guidelines:

  • Graduate students are not eligible to request permission for ENEE408 Capstone courses
  • Students seeking permission for advanced lab must wait untilt he second week of classes