Applications for the Women in Engineering Undergraduate Research Fellowships are due today. The program gives students the opportunity to work with engineering faculty on research projects in their disciplines or other areas of interest. Fellows receive a $1,250 stipend per semester. Fellow requirements are:
· Participate in the program for two semesters.
· Work 8-10 hours per week on the research project
· Attend two one hour focus groups and complete a written survey at the end of the program
· Present your research at the Universitys Research Day at the end of Spring Semester
· Students must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents majoring in Aerospace, Electrical, Computer, Materials Science & Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering to be eligible.
· Students may not receive academic credit for the fellowship.
Applications are due by September 28, 2012 and may be submitted at https://futureumdengr.wufoo.com/forms/women-in-engineering-research-fellowships/