Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: #2240 Kim Engineering Building
Research Interests: Multimedia Security and Forensics
Sept. 2007-July 2012 Ph. D. in Information Security, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
Sept. 2003-July 2007 B. S. in Application Mathematics, GPA Top 1, Beijing Municipal Excellent Graduate, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
July 2012-Present Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Hunan University, P.R. China
Aug. 2016-Present Visiting Scholar, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA
July 2015-Sept. 2015 Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, University of Hong Kong
Mar. 2014-Mar. 2016 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1. X Liao*, G Chen, J Yin. Content-adaptive steganalysis for color images, Security and Communication Networks(Wiley), 9(18), pp. 5756-5763, 2016.
2. X Liao*, K Li, J Yin, Separable data hiding in encrypted image based on compressive sensing and discrete Fourier transform, Multimedia Tools and Applications, DOI: 10.1007/s11042-016-3971-4, 2016.
3. J Li, X Yang, X Liao*, F Pan, M Zhang. A game-theoretic method for designing distortion function in spatial steganography, Multimedia Tools and Applications, 76(10), pp. 12417-12431, 2017.
4. Q Li, X Liao*, G Qu, G Chen, J Du. Adaptive steganography algorithm in digital image based on Arnold transform, Journal of Communications, 37(6), 2016. (in Chinese)
5. X Liao*, C Shu. Reversible data hiding in encrypted images based on absolute mean difference of multiple neighboring pixels, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 28(4), pp. 21-27, 2015.
6. X Liao*, L Ding. Data hiding in digital image using four pixel-value-differencing and multiple-base notational, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, 2015.
7. X Liao*, G Chen, Q Li. Improved WOW adaptive image steganography method, International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing, 2015.
8. X Liao*, Q Wen, J Zhang. Improving the adaptive steganographic methods based on modulus function, IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, E96-A(12), 2013.
9. X Liao*, Q Wen, T Song, J Zhang. Quantum steganography with high efficiency with noisy depolarizing channels, IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, E96-A(10), pp. 2039-2044, 2013.
10. X Liao*, Q Wen, Z Zhao, J Zhang. A novel steganographic method with four-pixel differencing and modulus function, Fundamenta Informaticae, 118(3), pp. 281-289, 2012.
11. X Liao*, Q Wen, J Zhang. A novel steganographic method with four-pixel differencing and exploiting modification direction, IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals, E95-A(7), pp. 1189-1192, 2012.
12. X Liao*, Q Wen, J Zhang. A steganographic method for digital images with four-pixel differencing and modified LSB substitution, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 22(1), pp. 1-8, 2011.
13. X Liao*, Q Wen, S Shi. Distributed steganography, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 153-156, 2011.
14. X Liao*, Q Wen, Y Sun, J Zhang. Multi-party covert communication with steganography and quantum secret sharing, Journal of Systems and Software, 83(10), pp. 1801-1804, 2010.
15. X Liao*, Q Wen. Improved adaptive-edge method by changing the readjusting phase, IEEE International Conference on Communications and Technology, 2010.
16. X Liao*, Q Wen. Detection methods for LSB embedding based on Laplacian statistics, Journal of Electronics & Information Technology, 31(5), pp.1054-1058, 2009. (in Chinese)
17. X Liao*, Q Wen. Embedding in two least significant bits with wet paper coding, IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, 2008.
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2015.1~2017.12, Principal Investigator
2. Natural Science Foundation of Hunan Province, 2017.1~2019.12, Principal Investigator
3. Research Funds for the Doctoral Program of Ministry of Education of China, 2014.1~2016.12, Principal Investigator
4. Natural Science Foundation of Hunan Province, 2014.1~2016.12, Principal Investigator
5. China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, 2014.9~2016.3, Principal Investigator