Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742
Office: Kim Building 2211
I am now pursuing PhD degree under the supervision of Prof. K. J. Ray Liu in the Signals and Information Group of University of Maryland, College Park. I got my Bachelor degree in 2006 and Master degree in 2009, both from Shanghai Jiao Tong University. My research interests include wireless communications and networking.
Sep. 2009 - Present PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
Sep. 2006 - Mar. 2009 M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Sep. 2002 - June 2006 B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering & Finance (double degree) , Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Honors and Awards
2009 Clark School of Engineering Distinguished Graduate Fellowship, University of Maryland
2008 Tung OOCL Scholarship, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2007 Hua Wei Scholarship, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2006 National Postgraduates Mathematical Contest in Modeling, 2nd Prize
2005 National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest, 1st Prize, Shanghai
2005&2004 National Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling, 2nd Prize, Shanghai
2005 Guang Hua Scholarship, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2004 Excellent Academic Scholarship, 1st Class, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2003 Excellent Academic Scholarship, 2nd Class, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
2002 National Physics Contest of High School Student, 1st Prize, Shanghai
1. Wei Guan and K. J. Ray Liu, “Performance Analysis of Two-Way Relaying with Non-Coherent Differential Modulation,” Submitted to IEEE Trans. on Wireless Commun., Oct. 2010.
2. Wei Guan and Hanwen Luo, “Joint MMSE Transceiver Design in Non-Regenerative MIMO Relay Systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 517-519, July 2008.
3. Wei Guan, Hanwen Luo, and Wen Chen, “Linear Relaying Scheme for MIMO Relay System with QoS Requirements,” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 15, pp. 697-700, 2008.
4. Wei Guan, Hanwen Luo, and Haibin Zhang, “Capacity Based Fast Receive Antenna Subset Selection in MIMO System,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E91-B, no. 6, pp. 2049-2052, June 2008.
5. Wei Guan, Hanwen Luo, and Chengyu Lin, “Power Allocation for Parallel Relaying System with Partial Channel State Information,” IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E92-B, no. 4, pp.1397-1400, April 2009.
1. Wei Guan, Hanwen Luo, Ming Ding, Jixiang Dai, and Renmao Liu, “Joint Transmit and Receive Antenna Selection Method and Apparatus,” China Patent #200810032994.X., pending.
2. Hujun Yin, Rongzhen Yang, Huaning Niu, and Wei Guan, “Partially Random Permutation Sequence Generator,” US Patent #20100169400, pending.
3. Hujun Yin, Rongzhen Yang, and Wei Guan, “Techniques to Determine Transmitter Power,” US Patent #20100203917, pending.
4. Ming Ding, Hanwen Luo, Ji Zhang, Tingwei Zhang, Yun Wu, Haibin Zhang, Li Sun, Wei Guan, and Feng She, “Cell Recognition Method and Apparatus for OFDMA Cellular System,” International Patent #PCT/CN2007/001368.
Ø Graduate Research Assistant May 2010 - Present
Dept. of ECE, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
Researched two-way relaying system with network coding and non-coherent modulation.
Ø Research Intern June 2008 - Aug. 2009
Mobility Group of Intel Asia-Pacific R&D Ltd., Shanghai, China
Investigated uplink MIMO-OFDMA system for IEEE 802.16m. Co-developed new uplink power control algorithm (adopted in Amendment Working Document) and pseudo-random permutation sequence generation method. Upgraded the system-level simulation platform.
Ø Graduate Research Assistant Sep. 2006 - Mar. 2009
Dept. of ECE, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Researched MIMO and cooperative communication systems. Designed new linear relay coding, joint source-relay power control and transmit/receive antenna selection methods.
Sep. 2010 - Present Graduate Teaching Assistant, ENEE206 Fundamental Electric and Digital Circuit Lab, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
Jan. 2010 - May 2010 Graduate Teaching Assistant, ENEE324H Engineering Probability, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
Sep. 2009 - Dec. 2009 Graduate Teaching Assistant, ENEE428 Communication Design Lab, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
l ENEE723 Wireless Communication Networks
l ECON703 Advanced Microeconomics
l STAT700 Mathematical Statistics I
l ENEE698Q Graduate Seminar: Colloquium
l ENEE621 Estimation and Detection Theory
l ENEE627 Information Theory
l ENEE625 Multi-user Communication
l STAT650 Applied Stochastic Processes
l ENEE620 Random Processes in Communication and Control
l ENEE630 Advanced Signal Processing
l STAT750 Multivariate Analysis