About Professor Taylor...
- A.B., Harvard (1951); M.S., PhD., N.M.S.U. (1956, 1960).
- Forty-five years in electrical engineering/applied physics in government, industry and academia, at Raytheon, GE, White Sands Proving Ground, Villanova, Penn State, Case-Western Reserve, the University of Madrid (Spain), and the Centro de Investigacion y Estudios Avanzados (Mexico).
- Since 1967, University of Maryland, Professor of Electrical Engineering (Assoc. Prof. 1967-1970); Joint Appointment, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland Medical School; Faculty of Applied Mathematics: teaching and research in biomedical engineering, electromagnetic theory, optics, microwave devices, and antennas.
- Life Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Fellow, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (1992-94).
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (1971), Centennial Alumnus Award (1988), New Mexico State University.
- Inventor: Invasive microwave hyperthermia for cancer therapy.
First invasive microwave hyperthermia trial, brain cancer patient (U.Md. Hospital, 1978).
- Inventor: Microwave coagulating scalpel.
Partial splenectomy using the microwave coagulating scalpel (Mt. Sinai Hospital, NY, 1986).
- Associate Editor for Electromagnetic Theory, IEEE Trans. Biomedical Engineering (1985-90).
- Associate Editor, Bioelectromagnetics Journal (1983-85).
- National Research Council Panelist (1989- ).
- Chairman (1994-1995), Member (1992-1993) Engineering Advisory Committee for the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (Fulbright Awards).
- Member, Fellows Committee of the Washington, D.C. Section of the IEEE (1990-95).
- One hundred and fifty journal articles, conference papers and presentations.
- Forty-eight funded research grants, contracts and projects.
- Six U.S. and sixteen foreign patents.
- Directed fifteen doctoral dissertations.
Consultant: U.S.Navy, Strategic Defense Initiative, Institute for Defense Analysis, National Institutes of Health, AVCO, Thiokol Corp., Direx Ltd. (Isr.), Kollsman Instrument Corp., P&P Industries, Environmental Analytic Assoc., Baltimore Gas and Electric.
Who's Who in America, American Men and Women of Science, Who`s Who in Engineering, International Who`s Who in Engineering, Who's Who in Technology Today.