If you have updated information on these please
click here to send email
1. Robert E. Lindsay, "Approximate Solution in a
Finite Time Interval for Ordinary Nonlinear Differential Equations,"
At Boeing, Seattle
2. Vernon E. Dunn, "Realization of Microwave Pulse
Compression Filters by Means of Folded-Tape Meander Lines," Stanford,
At Alfred Electronics, CA
3. Paul O. Scheibe, "Theoretical Bandwidth Limitation
in UHF Parametric Amplifiers and Converters," Stanford, 10/1962.
At ESL, chief design engineer, CA
4. Imsong Lee, "Study of Linear Feedback Systems with
Periodic Parametes through an Extension of the Floquet Theory,"
President of a computer design company, Atherton, CA
5. Ming L. Liou, "Nonlinear-System Analysis and
Synthesis," Stanford 10/1963.
Group Leader at Bell Laboratories - Past Pres IEEE CAS Soc.
Professor at Hong Kong University of Science and
his video laboratory: URL: http://www.ee.ust.hk/eee/lab/video/ click here
to learn more about Dr. Liou
6. Thomas J. Harrison, "Impedance Matrix Synthesis of
a Class of N-Port Networks," Stanford 6/1964.
Manager at IBM, Florida
7. David A. Spaulding, "Passive Time-Varying
Networks," Stanford 12/1964. At Sylvania, CA
8. John W. McConnell, "Design of a Nonlinear-Reactance
Subharmonic Generatior," Stanford 1/1965. Professor at University of Texas, Arlington
9. Charles V. Shaffer, " Transformerless n-Port
Symmetrical-Transmission-Line Synthesis," Stanford 8/1965. Professor at University of Florida, Gainesville
10. Brian D. O. Anderson, "Synthesis of Time-Varying
Passive Networks," Stanford 3/1966
Director Research School of Information Sciences and
Engineering at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia - Chairman IFAC
to learn more about Dr. Anderson
11. Julio L. Torres, "Relativistic Theory of
Wide-Bandwidth Radar," Stanford 3/1966.
At ERDA, Washington, DC
12. Tadikanda N. Rao, "Synthesis of Lumped-Distributed
RC Networks," Stanford 5/1967. Group Leader at Bell Laboratories, NJ
13. William J. Kerwin, "Analysis and Synthesis of
Active RC Networks Containing Distributed and Lumped Elements,"
NASA, retired; Professor at University of Arizona, Tucson - Retired
14. Desmond F. Sheahan, "Inductorless Filters,"
At Lenkurt Electric, CA
15. Roberto G. de Oliveira, "Eigenvalue Methods for
Time-Dependent Neutron Diffusion," Stanford 6/1969. Past Director Instituto de Engenharia Nuclear, Rio, Brazil
16. Jerome C. Woodard, "Prolate Sheroidal Waveform
Expansions for Computer-Aided Signal Analysis," Stanford, 6/1969.
At Sylvania, CA
17. Edward R. Meyer, "Error Bounds for System Models
Using Fixed Point Theory," Stanford 1/1970. At ESL, CA
18. Patrick M. Dewilde, "Cascade Scattering Matrix
Synthesis," Stanford 6/1970.
Chair at Delft, The Netherlands
to learn more about Dr. Dewilde
19. Manjula B. Waldron, "Syneuristor: A Device and
Concept," Stanford, 1/1971.
Professor at Ohio State
20. Edward W. Kamen, "A Distributional-Module
Theoretic Representation of Linear Dynamical Continuous-Time Systems,"
Professor at University of Florida; Chair U. of
Pittsburgh; Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology
21. SooYoung Chang, "System Realization by Parameter
Invariance Coordinate Transformations," U. of MD 6/1971 (coadvisor
with N. DeClaris) Chair EE Department, Postech, Korea; Vice
(Emeritus) President, Postech (08/30/94-99)
click here to learn about Dr. Chang
22. Harry Glaze, Jr., "Mathematical Models for Heart
Rate Responses to Vagel Nerve Stimulation," Stanford 6/1971. At Bay Area Heart Foundation, CA
23. Adisai Bodharamik, "Optimal Signal Detection for
Low Frequency Data Transmission in the Presence of Non-Gaussian
Noise," U. of MD, 6/1971.
At Telephone Organization of Thailand; Chairman
24. William N. Lee, "Minimization of Roundoff Noise in
Digital Filters," Stanford 8/1971. At Lenkurt Electric, CA
25. John A. Miller, "The Design of Maximally-Flat and
Chebyshev Non-Recursive Digital Filters via the 'Potential Analogy',"
Stanford, 8/1971. At Bell Laboratories, NJ
26. Rouben Toumani, "Approximation and Synthesis of
Lumped-Distributed Active RC Networks," Stanford 8/1971. At Bell Laboratories, NJ
27. Phichani Bodharamik, "Interval Arighmetic in
Active Network Synthesis," U. of MD 12/1971. Professor at Chulalonghorn University, Thailand; Director of graduate program
28. Bijay K. Sharma, "A Simulation of the
Neurophysiological Mechanisms Operating During Mammaliean Stepping,"
U. of MD 12/1972 (Co-Advisor = F. Zajac). On
faculty of IET, Aliganj, India, then IET, Lucknow until 07/86; now in
the city of Muzzafarpur, Bihar (06/99)
29. Priti Monteiro (Shankar), "Arithmetic Codes with
Generators of the Form E^(2mi-1)," U. of MD 12/1972.
On faculty of School of Automation, Bangalore,
30. Mehr Ali Parkhideh, "Nonlinear Network Analysis
for Neural Models," Stanford 4/1973.
At Farinon Electronics,CA
31. V. K. Ravindran, "Lumped-Distributed Synthesis of
Fluidic Systems," Stanford 5/1974 (Co-Advisor with J. Manning). President of Processor Systems, India - deceased
32. Thomas G. Liang, "Passive n-Port Linear
Time-Varying Synthesis," U. of MD, 12/1974.
At Boeing, Seattle
33. Erhan Alparslan, "Finite P-Adic Computing Systems
with Possible Applications," U. of MD, 5/1974.
At Turkish Government Research Center, Istanbul
34. Ferial T. El-Mokadem, "Theory of Subharmonic
Generation with Application to Hearing-Aid Circuitry," U. of MD,
At Intelsat, Washington, DC
35. Marija Hribsek, "High Q Selective Filters Using
Mechanical Resonance of Silicon Beams," U. of MD 9/1976.
On faculty of University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia; Vice
36. Chaya K.-Kohli, "An Integrable MOS Neursitor Line:
Design, Theory and Extensions," U. of MD 5/1977.
Engineering Manager at Dupont, Deleware
37. Tri T. Ha, "Synthesis of Linear Passive
Time-Variable Transmission Matrices," U. of MD 5/1977.
Professor at VPI; Professor at Naval PostGraduate
38. William F. Lawrence," An Adaptive Delta Modulation
System with Applications to Programmable Hearing-Aids," U. of MD
AT NSA, Washington, DC
39. Carlos A. C. mendonca e Moura, "Synthesis of
Passive Bilinear-Quadratic N-Ports," U. of MD 8/1978.
Professor at U. Oporto, Oporto, Portugal
40. Viet Dung (Jack) Hoang, "A Class of Arithmetic
Burst-Error-Correcting Codes for the Fibonacci Computer," U. of MD
12/1979. At Mitretek Systems (10/96-), McLean, VA;
previously at Computer Science Corporation, Washington, DC, and MITRE,
41. Nikitas Dimopoulos, "Organization and Stability of
a Neural Network Class and the Structure of a Multiprocessor System,"
U. of MD, 12/1980.
On faculty of Concordia University; Professor at
42. S. H. Saphier, "Specialized Asynchronous
Distributed Pipelines," U. of MD, 5/1981.
At NSA, Washington, DC
43. George C. Kiruthi, "Hysteretic Memory for
Neural-Type Systems," U. of MD, 12/1981.
At World Bank, in charge of computers
44. Robert L. Martino, "Multiple Microprocessor
Systems - Representation, Structure, and Application," U. of MD
At NIH, in charge of computers & evening instructor at Johns Hopkins
45. Roger S. Gaborski, "A Speech Detection System
Using Phonetic Characteristics," U. of MD 5/1983.
NSA; at Kodak, Buffalo, NY
46. M. Victoria Rodellar Biarge, "Metodos no Invasivos para la Medida de las Caracteristicas de Transmision del Aparato Auditivo," Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, 11/1983 (Doctor en Informatica,
signed for by W. Warzanskyj).
On faculty of Universidad Politecnica de Madrid,
47. Rassa Rassai, "Theory and Electronic Circuit
Design of Multi-Torus Knot Oscillators," U. of MD 12/1985.
Postdoctoral researcher U of MD; faculty Northern Virginia Community College
48. Hussain M. Alayan, "Petri-Net Theory of Robot
Networks for Automated Testing," U. of MD 5/1986.
On faculty of An-Najah University, West Bank
49. Tzung-Cheng Yang, "Adaptive Control of a Flexible
Manipulator with Unknown Changing Loads," U. of Md, 5/1989.
in private industry, MD
50. George Syrmos, "Semistate Description for 3-D
Curve Tracing with Applications to Knot Generation," U. of MD 5/1990.
Instructor, U. of MD, and University College
51. Tien-Shea Cheng, "Realization of Transmission
Lattice Filters," U. of MD 5/1990.
in a consulting firm to NASA, MD
52. Suan-Wei Tsay, "VLSI Realizations of Neural
Chemical Pools and Their Applications," U. of MD, 5/1991.
neural network designer, Beaverton, OR; IBM,
53. Barbara Rucinska, "Semistate Systems and the
Continuation Method," U. of New Hampshire, 8/1991.
on faculty UNH
54. Samer Minkara, "Microelectronic Realization of
Toda's Lattice and Its Application to Soliton Gates," U. of MD,
independent computer system consultant; Instructor, University College (UMD)
55. Louiza Sellami, "Kemp Echo Lattices Incorporating
Hair Cell Nonlinearities," U. of MD 12/1992.
Assistant Professor US Naval Academy
56. Jen-Dong Yuh, "Multi-Level Neural Networks, Their
Applications and VLSI Circuit Implementation," U. of MD 08/1993.
with Opti Corporation, CA
57. Marc de Savigny, "If..Then..Else Systems," U. of
in private industry, Paris, France
58. Zhong-Ning Cai, "Reconfigurable Stage Buffer
Design for Multilevel Cache," U. of MD 08/1994.
with Advanced Micro Devices, Austin, TX
59. Chwei-Po Chew, "BiCMOS Implementation of
Counterpropagation Neural Networks with Applications," U. of MD
with National Semiconductor, CA
60. Savvas Aristides Hadjipanteli, "A Novel Multiple
Peak Silicon Based Device: Design, VLSI Implementations, and
Applications," U. of MD, 01/1995.
with Martin Marietta Laboratories, Baltimore, MD
61. Shahrokh Ahmadi, "Voltage Adaptable MOS Universal Circuit,"
U. of MD, 12/1995.
with Northern Virginia Community College, Mathematics
62. Jason Lohn, "Automated Discovery of Self-Replicating
Structures in Cellular Space Automata Models," U. of MD, 08/1996
(Coadvisor = Professor J. Reggia, CS Dept, UMD).
with NASA, Ames Laboratories
URL: http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~jlohn7/ click here
to learn more about Dr. Lohn
63. Ellen Curran Kelly Wooten, "Design of a
Coordinated Controller Based on a Neuron Model of Flight Locomotion in
a Locust," U. of MD, 05/1997.
with United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
64. Sanjeev Kumar Singh, "Semistate Based Design of
Functional Artificial Neural Networks for VLSI Realization with a
Robotics Application," U. of MD, 05/1998.
65. Xiqun Zhu, "Analog Signal Bandwidth Compression
Method and Slow Scan Picture Telephone," U. of MD, 05/1999.
with Lucent Technologies, NJ
66. Geoffrey Barrows, "Mixed-Mode VLSI Optic Flow
Sensors fof Micro Air Vehicles," U. of MD, 12/1999.
with Naval Research Laboratories, DC
67. Montien Saubhayana, "In-Situ Photoresist Thickness
and Ash Rate Measurements, and Endpoint Prediction," U. of MD,
68. Yuan Ma,"Optimal MEMS Plate Design and Control for
Large Channel Count Optical Switches," U. of MD, 12/2004
69. Angela Marie Hodge "Development of Mixed Signal
Technology and Testing Procedure for Biomedical Evaluation of
Fluidic Properties," U. of MD, 05/2005
with Army Research Labs,
70. Li Wang, "VLSI Design of Heart Model," U. of MD,
71. Yu Jiang, "CMOS-N-Dimensional M-Level Hysteresis
Circuits and Possible Applications," U. of MD, 12/2007
72. Koranan Limpaphyam, "Microelectronic Circuits for
Noninvasive Ear Type Assistive Devices," U. of MD, 12/2009
73. Mohammad A. Safar, "Design of Beam Steering Electronic
Circuits for RFID/IMD Applications," U. of MD 05/2011
with Kuwait University
74. Aimaschana Niruntasukrat, "Determination of Network Connectivity:
Algorithms and Applications in Organ systems," U. of MD 05/2011
75. Anu Aggarwal, "Neuromorphid VLSI Realization of the Hippocampal
Formation and the Lateral Superior Olive," U. of MD, 05/2015
Also directed to an high degree were the following:
Pedro Gomez Vilda, "Modelo Incremental Recursivo
para el Analisis de la Mecanica del Oido Medio e Interno," Universidad
Politecnica de Madrid 12/1982 (Doctor en Informatica)
Professor at UPM, Spain
Qin-Ye Yin, "Estimating Directions of Arrival of
Multiple Sources," Xi'An Jiaotong University, 1989 (Ph.D.); Xi'An, PR
Professor at Xi'an Jiaotong, PRChina
Marga Alisjahbana, "Process Monitoring: Predicting
Shifts in Circuit Performance Based on the Variability of
MOSFET I(V) Curves, U. of MD, 08/2000, (Ph.D.).
Some Recent MS Theses
Mr. Juventino Rosas, "RF to DC Power Generation,"
Ms. Xinhua He, "VLSI Implementation of Roa's Neural Model,"
Mr. Lin Jia, "VLSI Realization of Four-Port Ear-Type
Transmission Lattice Filters,"
Ms. Li Wang, "A Current Mode VLSI Degree Two Hysteresis
Ms. Jun Wan, "Buffer Design for Gunning Transceiver Logic
Mr. Qin Kong, "Electronic Feedback Control of Mass-Spring Systems,"
Mr. Matthew Vinciguerra, "Minimization of the
Number of Multiplications Required for Evaluation Modulo-m of
Polynomial Functions and Applications to Arithmetic Circuit Design,"
Mr. Richard M. Hobbs, "Sloping Hysteresis Delta Modulator," U. of MD,
Mr. Jerome G. Schaefer, "NMOS Transconductance Amplifier Utilizing
Feed Forward Linearity Compensation and Gain Control," U. of
Mr. Zhong Ning Cai, "The Cubic Spline Technique for Curvature and Torsion Calculation in Robot Curve Following," U. of MD,
Mr. Wenli Yu, "The Bisection - CORDIC Algorithm," U. of MD, 12/04/1986
Ms. Hanaa Youssef, "An Enhancement Mode CMOS Voltage-Controlled Linear Resistor with Wide Dynamic Range," U. of MD, 05/1989
Ms. Xiaowen Xu, "A Microprocessor-Based Tilt Control System - The Control Algorithm," U. of MD, 1989
Mr. Marc de Savigny, "Pulse Coded Neuron Realizing Digital Functions,"
U. of MD, 05/1991
Mr. Jia Ming, "Adaptive Control of a Robotic Gripper Holding Unknown Shape Changeable Objects," U. of MD, 05/1991
Mr. Donald Wesley Carter, Jr., "Applications of Lattice Networks to Modern Computer Controlled Manufacturing," U. of MD, 07/1991
Ms. Savitha Balakrishnan, "VLSI Design of
Transmission Lattice Filter Sections," U. of MD, 05/1992
Some recent non-thesis MS scholarly paper supervisor or advisee