Amr Safwat Abo Elatta
Safwat Abo Elatta, Amr (e-mail to
- Title: Graduate Student
- Degree Earned List
B.Sc. degree (with honor)
Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, June,1993
Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, January,1997
- Research Interests
I am very interested in the field of optically controlled microwave
devices. It is a recent field of research - creating an optically controlled variable resistor can have a huge applications in microwave
integrated circuits: tuning filter, matching circuits, pulse generator radar, etc.
I am also interested in the field of antenna theory. We are now living in
the era of mobile communication where there is a tremendous need for broad band, compact and low power antennas.
- Recent Publications
1) A. M. E. Safwat, D. A. M. Khalil, H. Elhennawy and H. F. Ragaie,
"Quasi-Static Analysis of an optically illuminated directional coupler",
IEEE-MTT, Vol. 45, NO. 8, August 1997.
2) D. A. M. Khalil, A.M.E. Safwat, "On the improvement of the performance
of the optically controlled microwave switch", IEEE-MTT, Vol.45, NO. 8,
3) A. M. E. Safwat, J. Haider, D. A. M. Khalil, A. Vilcot, M. Bouthinon,
H. Elhennay, H.F. Ragaie. "An optically controlled Matching technique"
Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 11, NO. 5, pp. 284-290. Apr.96.
4) J. Haidar, A. M. E. Safwat, A. Vilcot, S. Tedjini and M. Bouthinon,
"Etude experimental de l'illumination optique sur un coupleur en
microruban sur silicium", in Neuviemes Journees Nationales Microondes,
Paris, France, Apr. 4-6, 1995.
5) A. M. E. Safwat,"Optically controlled microwave passive devices on
silicon substrates", M. Sc. Thesis, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams
university, Cairo Egypt. Jan. 1997.
Ultrafast Optoelectronics Lab Links