Welcome to my homepage! I am currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am now working with Prof. John S. Baras on wireless sensor networks and model-based systems engineering.
Before joining University of Maryland, I got my Bachelor of Engineering degree (honors) in 2006 from the Department of Computer Science and Technology at the Harbin Institute of Technology, China. In 2009, I got my Master of Philosophy degree from the Department of Computer Science at the City University of Hong Kong, under the supervision of Prof. Xiaohua Jia.
- Office: 2243 AVW Building, University of Maryland, College Park
- Office Tel: 301-405-2958
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please remove “nospam.”)
- Homepage: http://www.ece.umd.edu/~briankw/
- 07/2013: Our HybridSim paper is accepted by IEEE/ACM DS-RT 2013.
- 05/2013: I began my internship in Qualcomm NJ, working on an Android app for smart mobile advertising.
- 12/2012: I passed my Ph.D. proposal exam.
- 11/2012: Our HybridStore paper is accepted by the highly selective conference EWSN 2013.
- 10/2012: I am nominated by our department for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship 2013 - 2014 (nominated by Prof. John S. Baras and endorsed by Prof. Rama Chellappa, dean of the ECE department).
- The 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT, Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2013, Delft, Netherlands)
- 12th ACM/IEEE Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN, Apr. 8 - 11, 2013, Philadelphia, PA)
- 11th Annual Conference on Systems Engineering Research (CSER, Mar. 19 - 22, 2013, Atlanta, GA)
- 10th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN, Feb. 13 - 15, 2013, Ghent, Belgium)
- MuSyC/GSRC Third Annual Joint Review (Oct. 15 - 17, 2012, Berkeley, CA)
- 23rd Intl. Conference on Software & Systems Engineering and their Applications (ICSSEA, Nov. 29 - Dec. 1, 2011, Paris, France)
- MuSyC/GSRC Second Annual Joint Review (Nov. 16-18, 2011, Berkeley, CA)
- Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security (GameSec, Nov. 14-15, 2011, College Park, MD)
- CONET Summer School "Networked Embedded Systems: Humans in the Loop" (July 24-30, 2011, Bertinoro, Italy)
- IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC, June 5-9, 2011, Kyoto, Japan)
- MuSyC Workshop on Vehicle Management Systems (April 19-20, 2011, Berkeley, CA)
- Second Annual Systems Engineering Research Center (SERC) Research Review (Nov. 9-10, 2010, College Park, MD)
- Green Communication Workshops (Oct. 14-15, 2010, College Park, MD)
- GSRC/MuSyC First Annual Joint Review (Sep. 28 - Oct. 1, 2010, San Jose, CA)