ENEE489Q Quantum Phenomena in Electrical Engineering
Course Description: The course provides fundamental understanding of quantum mechanical principles for electrical engineering and nanotechnology applications. It is designed to acquaint electrical and computer engineering students with concepts on which modern electronic and optoelectronic devices are based.
Prerequisite(s): ENEE 380 and completion of all lower-division technical courses in the EE curriculum.
Corequisite(s): ENEE 313, ENEE 381
- Students will become acquainted with principles of quantum mechanics
- They will learn how to solve problems in quantum mechanics
- They will learn how modern optoelectronic devices work
- Wave phenomena and wave-particle duality
- Photons and quantum states- entanglement, paradoxes, quantum cryptography
- Schrodinger’s equation in 1-dimension: bound states, tunneling, scattering problems
- Applications to optoelectronic devices
- Josephson's junction