GaAs Quantum Dot Solar Cells
- “Challenges to the concept of an intermediate band in InAs/GaAs quantum dot solar cells,”, T. Li, R. E. Bartolo, and M. Dagenais, Applied Physics Letters, vol. 103, no. 14, p. 141113, Oct. 2013.
- “Below-bandgap absorption in InAs/GaAs self-assembled quantum dot solar cells”, Tian Li and Mario Dagenais, Prog. Photovolt: Res. Appl. (2014), DOI: 10.1002/pip.2515
- "Enhanced carrier collection efficiency and reduced quantum state absorption by electron doping in self-assembled quantum dot solar cells", Tian Li, Haofeng Lu, Lan Fu, Hark Hoe Tan, Chennupati Jagadish, and Mario Dagenais, Applied Physics Letters, 106, 053902 (2015).
CIGS Solar Cells
“High Coupling Efficiency from a Single-Mode Fiber to a High Index Contrast Single-Mode Silicon Nitride Waveguide” Tiecheng Zhu, Sylvain Veilleux, Joss Bland-Hawthorn, and Mario Dagenais, (submitted for publication)
Light Trapping of Atoms
- “Integrated optical dipole trap for cold neutral atoms with an optical waveguide coupler,”, J. Lee, D. H. Park, S. Mittal, M. Dagenais, and S. L. Rolston, New J. Phys., vol. 15, no. 4, p. 043010, Apr. 2013.
- “A nanowaveguide platform integrated with a mirror for collective atom-light interaction”, Y. Meng, J. Lee, M. Dagenais, and S. L. Rolston (submitted for publication).
Interband Cascade Lasers
- Tunable External Cavity Interband Cascade Laser (IEEE Laser and Electro-optics Society 2007)
- Measurement of Internal Quantum Efficiency and Temperature Dependence of Gain and Loss in Interband Cascade Laser near room-temperature (IEEE International Semiconductor Laser Conference, 2010)
- Thermal Impedance of Epi-Up and Epi-Down Interband Cascade Lasers (23rd Annual meeting of the IEEE Photonics Society, 2010)
- “Gain and Losses and Room-Temperature Operation in Interband Cascade Lasers,” G. Ryu, A. N. Chryssis, J. Amirloo, S. Saini, F. J. Towner, and M. Dagenais, IEEE Photonics Journal, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 133–142, 2012.
- “Effect of Carrier Leakage on Optimal AR Coatings in Midinfrared Interband Cascade Lasers”, Jeyran Amirloo, Simarjeet Singh Saini, Mario Dagenais, IEEE Photonics Journal, (2015), DOI 10.1109/JPHOT.2015.2416343
Nanoantenna Based Rectifier for Solar Energy Harvesting
- Thin Film Antenna Coupled Conductor-Barrier-Conductor (CBC) Diode Implementation Using E-Beam Proximity Correction for Light Detection (International Conference on Electron, Ion, and Photonics Beam Technology and Nanofabrication 2009)
- “Implementation of E-Beam Proximity Effect Correction using linear programming techniques for the fabrication of asymmetric bow-tie antennas,”, F. Yesilkoy, K. Choi, M. Dagenais, and M. Peckerar, Solid-State Electronics, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 1211–1215, Oct. 2010.
- Surface Plasmon and Geometry Enhanced Asymmetric Rectifying Tunneling Diodes (International Conference on Electron, Ion, and Photonics Beam Technology and Nanofabrication 2010)
- Solar Spectrum Rectification Using Nano-Antennas and Tunneling Diodes (SPIE 2010) Invited
- New Process Development for Planar-Type CIC Tunneling Diodes (IEEE Electron Device Letter 2010)
- Geometry Enhanced Asymmetric Rectifying Tunneling Diodes (Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B 2010)
- A Focused Asymmetric Metal-Insulator-Metal Tunneling Diode: Fabrication, DC Characteristics and RF Rectification Analysis (IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices 2011)
- “A new process for the fabrication of planar antenna coupled Ni–NiOx–Ni tunnel junction devices,”, F. Yesilkoy, S. Mittal, N. Goldsman, M. Dagenais, and M. Peckerar, Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 98, pp. 329–333, Oct. 2012.
- “A Mid-IR Antenna Integrated with a Geometrically Asymmetrical Metal-Insulator-Metal Rectifying Diode,” , F. Yesilkoy, S. Potbhare, N. Kratzmeier, A. Akturk, N. Goldsman, M. Peckerar, and M. Dagenais,in Rectenna Solar Cells, G. Moddel and S. Grover, Eds. Springer New York, 2013, pp. 163–188.
Fiber Optic Sensors
- Detecting Hybridization of DNA by Highly Sensitive Evanescent Field Etched Core Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors (Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 2005)
- High Sensitivity Evanescent Field Fiber Bragg Grating Sensor (Photonics Technology Letters, 2005)
- Increased Sensitivity and Parametric Discrimination Using Higher Order Modes of Etched-Core Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors (Photonics Technology Letters, 2006)
- Monolayer Detection of Biochemical Agents Using Etched-Core Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors (Photonics Technology Letters, 2007)
- Real-Time Monitoring of Siloxane Monolayer Film Formation on Silica Using a Fiber Bragg Grating (Current Analytical Chemistry, 2008) Invited
- Covalent Attachment of Glucose to an Evanescent Wave Fiber Bragg Grating Bio-sensor (Journal of Sensors 2009)
- High Specificity Binding of Lectins to Carbohydrate- Functionalized Fiber Bragg Gratings: A New Model for Biosensing Applications (Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 2010)
- High Specificity Binding of Lectins to Carbohydrate Functionalized Etched Fiber Bragg Grating Optical Sensors (Southern Biomedical Engineering Conference, 2010)
- “Evanescent Fiber Bragg Grating Biosensors,”, M. Dagenais and C. Stanford, in VLSI Micro- and Nanophotonics, E.-H. Lee, L. Eldada, M. Razeghi, and C. Jagadish, Eds. CRC Press, 2010, pp. 21‚Äì1–21‚Äì16.