Come learn more about the Women in Engineering, Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program.
Applications for the Women in Engineering Undergraduate Research Fellowships are now available. The program gives students the opportunity to work with engineering faculty on research projects in their disciplines or other areas of interest. Fellow requirements are:
· Participate in the program for two semesters.
· Work 8-10 hours per week on the research project
· Attend two one hour focus groups and complete a written survey at the end of the program
· Present your research at the Universitys Research Day at the end of Spring Semester
· Receive a $1,250 stipend per semester
Learn more by attending our information session on Friday, September 13 at 3:30 pm in 1131B Martin Hall. Applications are due by September 20, 2013 and may be submitted at https://futureumdengr.wufoo.com/forms/women-in-engineering-research-fellowships/
Students must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents majoring in Aerospace, Electrical, Computer, Materials Science & Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering to be eligible. Students may not receive academic credit for the research fellowship.
Visit http://www.wie.umd.edu/undergrad/research-fellows for more information or contact Lisa Krayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2013-14 WIE Research Fellowships are funded by L-3 Communications.