International Education Services
The Office of International Education Services (IES) provides a wide range of information and services to International Students and scholars including:
• The evaluation of transcripts for all applicants who have completed academic coursework outside of the U.S.
• Orientation services for International students
• Counseling students on immigration concerns, financial problems, and cross-cultural issues
• Assisting departments in obtaining appropriate visas for visiting scholars and faculty members
• Provide advisement and programs for American and international students interested in studying outside the U.S.
For further information, visit the IES office at http://www.international.umd.edu/ies/
Maryland English Institute
The Maryland English Institute (MEI) provides quality programs and courses for non-native speakers of English who are planning to study in US colleges and universities or who wish to learn English for career or personal enrichment. MEI also offers a variety of part-time non-credit courses, customized programs for special purposes, and evaluation of the English language proficiency for international students and international teaching assistants.
For further information visit the MEI office at http://www.international.umd.edu/mei
Graduate Student Community Involvement
The Electrical & Computer Engineering Graduate Student Association (ECEGSA) provides a
forum for the development of social, academic, and professional activities for all students
enrolled in either the MS or PhD program in Electrical & Computer Engineering. The ECEGSA
coordinates social events featuring free food and fun activities, as well as weekly coffee
hours. The ECEGSA’s elected officers represent the graduate student body regarding various
issues of concern. To find out more, visit: www.ece.umd.edu/ecegsa
Request Information About ECE
↑ Back to Top